Followers

Monday 23 December 2013

Nearly Cream on Cream!


Good Evening,
 
Thought I'd pop by to share the card I made my Mum for Christmas. I've been meaning to make a white on white card for a while now as I really like the effect. I think they can look very classy but I have struggled putting one together and have always given up.
 
I was given a good amount of pearlescent cream paper some time ago & recently came across it when looking for something else. I then used this to make a layered bauble using spellbinders Heirloom 2011 dies.
 

 
 I decided to use the same paper embossed with dainty dots A4 folder as my card base & matted this onto gold card. To match this I cut off the outer border or the larger bauble, cut another out in the gold card & used this to mount the layered bauble on. I then used the same two papers to cut out a Spellbinders Poinsettia & Crafters Companion ivy.
Nearly cream on cream! If only I had resisted the touch of gold.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Carole… what a fab design! I love the cream and gold… so pretty together… the layered bauble, embossing and the poinsettia look awesome together! :-)
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Wendy said...

So beautiful Carol, fabulous design and love the touch of gold..Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.
Wendy xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful Carole....very elegant and I am certain Mum loved it! Wishing you a Happy Christmas xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and wishing you a very merry Christmas too...:o)

biggest of love n hugs Vicky xx